Thursday, August 14, 2014

Buy Tyr Team Parka Adult

Tyr Team Parka Adult Royal X-Small
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
Buy Now
This isn't the warmest Swim Parka by far, but it's a great price.

Pros:

Roomy pockets for googles, caps, etc

Well protected inner pocket

Decently wind proof

Cons:

Hood is small, so it doesn't fit if you have hair tied up in a bun

The Zipper Blows, it broke the first day I wore this

Zipper stops too far from the bottom, so legs get cold

Sleeves are too long (but cozy)

I wouldn't buy it again, but I'm happy to have it.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Bought as a gift for the swimmer in my house. Sometimes I want to steal it for myself. Nice looking swim coat. Very snuggly/warm but not bulky. He's very happy with it and I'll probably get one for myself this winter.

Best Deals for Tyr Team Parka Adult

I didn't realize swim parkas even existed until a few months ago, but once I learned of them I decided one would be the perfect way to get me in and out of the swim rec center fast so I could shower at home and not need to bring all my shower and after-shower products with me.

I decided I needed a size small and at the time, Amazon did not have the red color in a small and so I had to order from another source (Swim Outlet). For reference, I am a large-framed 5'9" woman (I'm jokingly referred to as an Amazon by my husband). The small fits me well with room to spare. I probably could have gone with the extra small, but am fine with the extra roominess. The length goes to my knees when standing which is nice because I have long legs. The sleeves are a little long for me so I do roll them back a little or use the velcro on the cuffs to keep them from overtaking my hands.

I chose this swim parka over others available because:

-the price was better

-it supposedly has a slimmer cut (which I can't really attest to as I've never worn any other swim parka)

-I liked the interior and exterior pockets

-it doesn't have a back slit which I was afraid would expose my legs too much

-I liked that the red color was an option so that I didn't feel like I was wearing a shapeless garbage bag like with the navy or black colors standard with other swim parkas

After reading the reviews about the zipper blow outs on this parka, I was a little apprehensive but decided to buy anyway. I did find that my zipper was a little stiff initially, but being armed with the info from the reviews, I decided to gently work with the zipper before even trying on the parka. I just worked it up and down several times until the zipper started to feel less stiff and more fluid. I'm also careful when zipping up the parka while it's on me, making sure not to pull hard on it or try to force anything. I do have some issues with getting the zipper aligned properly to start zipping it up, but usually it just takes a couple of tries. I find this issue to be common in jackets where the zipper can be used in the normal fashion, but can also be unzipped from the bottom while still fastened at the top; I think that dual action makes it hard to align both sides of the zipper sometimes.

The fleece is very warm. I swim at the outdoor pool in the summer and the parka has been too warm to wear while driving to the pool. There was one afternoon that became very blustery and I finally got to use the parka in all its glory; it was fantastic to just slip it on and be warm and ready to go home. In the spring though going to the indoor pool, the parka was great and I didn't overheat. I'm sure I'll be glad I have it while swimming next winter.

In all, highly recommended. Just make sure to treat the zipper with care and you shouldn't have any problems.

Honest reviews on Tyr Team Parka Adult

You won't regret it. Very warm, very nice material. Arrived promptly and in perfect condition. No complaint here. Would buy from this vendor again.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Tyr Team Parka Adult

Almost sold this brand new swim parka in a garage sale after son was no longer on team....so glad I didn't! Began wearing it at the track...on playground duty...yoga practice...grocery store...love it so much I ordered my husband one! It is worth the price...not restricting...great hidden pockets for cells, IPod...hope to keep it for the next 15 years!

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment