Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I bought this hat because it was the least dorky looking boonie hat I could find :-) I love the color--such a nice change from khaki/sand/stone color of most hats of this style. The crown has a nice shape that makes it fit well--clearly designed for a woman's head. The hat is very good qualityBest Deals for Outdoor Research Women's Oasis Sombrero
I bought this product for a trip to Scandinavia (lots of sun there in the summer). Overall, it's a great product that is useful in both the heat and the cold against the sun.Pros:
Wide brim
Good chin & head adjustments. We rode bikes in the wind, but the hat stayed firmly on after I adjusted the cap on top.
Light-weight, easily folded (great for travel)
Cons:
In 90F+/30C+, it does get a bit sweaty on the forehead due to lack of ventilation.
Honest reviews on Outdoor Research Women's Oasis Sombrero
Got this hat for a river rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. I got it in the sand color, which is very light colored, but it managed to resist all the dirt.I have a very small head and have a hard time finding any hats, beanies, or sunglasses to fit me. I got a small, and since this hat is made for women, the small fit perfect. There was an adjustment to make it tighter around the head, a chin strap to keep it on, it's quick dry, and it floats. The underside of the rim is dark to help cut down on reflection, and has some little flower detailing on it, so it's kind of cute. You don't see it though since it's under the brim. The hat kept the sun off me, kept me cool when it was hot, and actually was nice when it was cold to hold in some of my heat.
The hat took a lot of abuse. It went in the water, it got folded in half in my bag, and it got snagged on trees and thrown in the dirt. Somehow it still looked good and performed great. After the trip, I put in the the washing machine with a full load of dirty clothes, hung it up to dry after, and it looks practically new.
I would recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment