Thursday, August 14, 2014

Review of Columbia Men's Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket

Columbia Men's Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
List Price: $90.00
Sale Price: $67.99
Today's Bonus: 24% Off
Buy Now

This jacket is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used it on a mountain bike ride up in the Adirondack Mountains a few weeks ago and let me tell you it was a life saver. The deer flies were horrendous and I pulled this jacket out of my backpack and put it on and it was a blessing. The 4 guys I was ridding looked at me and were like "what is that?" after they saw me put it on they were impressed. That day it was like 90 Degrees out ant this thing let the air flow through like nothing. I was never hot and the bugs did not bother me one bit. This is in my opinion one of the best purchases I have ever made in my life, it really is. I am considering buying another one just in case I lose this one of someone steals it.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

My brother and I got these for a trip to Beaufort, SC. The mosquitoes/gnat didn't bother us one bit. Even with the hood on, you don't feel too hot muggy (no more than you would not wearing it). It isn't overly delicate (you don't have to worry about catching it on a stick and ripping it in half).

Only downside is the repelling agent infused into the fabric is only supposed to last 25 washes or so. So, $50 jacket or 1 can of bug spray with Deet......you decide.

Best Deals for Columbia Men's Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket

Bought this a few weeks ago. Everyone was getting chewed up by the black flies in deep woods New Hampshire except for me. Fantastic purchase. The only thing that could possibly make this better is if there was a roll down face net incorporated in the hoodie.

Highly recommend.

Honest reviews on Columbia Men's Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket

I have always had a problem when in mosquito areas and react badly to their bites. When I began extending my trips to Thailand to longer periods of time, currently 6 months each year, I knew I needed to address this problem with something other than 99% Deet. Other insect repellant clothing I've seen may be effective but they are made for cooler climates. This is the only insect repellant clothing I've found that fits the climate where mosquitos primarily inhabit. I work in a guesthouse and many times have to check in guests arriving during late hours, when the night feeding mosquitos are at their peak feeding time. I ALWAYS wear this mesh jacket with the hood up at this time and it is EFFECTIVE! I hear mosquitoes buzzing around my head, but NO bites. I am a woman, 5'8", 135# and bought the woman's medium size. It fits nicely. I also bought the men's medium and like it's ample room for throwing on quickly in the middle of the night over lounge wear to take care of arriving guests.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Columbia Men's Insect Blocker Mesh Jacket

Expensive, but this jacket works. I hike and mountain bike in deer fly and mosquito infested woods and this jacket keeps me bite-free. I can hear and see them buzzing around me and one will occasionally attempt a landing, but the minute they get close, they change their mind and leave. My one suggestion for improvement would be to use a slightly coarser mesh. Although this jacket does allow air to flow, it does restrict the airflow slightly, so I get a little hotter than normal while hiking. Biking is no problem because I'm generally moving faster. Still, I'd much rather be a little warm than bitten.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment