Friday, April 25, 2014

Discount Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net (w/wo Insect Shield)

Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
Buy Now
Summary: after comparing to 2-3 other nets, this is the best yet.

This was a gift for my mother, and I have also tried it out myself. It's being used in rural NH for gardening. There are a LOT of flies and mosquitoes. Before using this net, my parents tried out a few others.

Pros:

-The black netting provides much better visibility (versus dark green and brown nets), especially on sunny days

-The drawstring (versus elastic) is essential! Drawstrings allow for a looser fit on the shoulders which prevents insects from attacking your neck. The elastic causes bunching on the neck, which unless you have a high turtleneck, leaves parts of your neck exposed.

-Extremely light weight

Cons:

-None that I've experienced

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I live in Alaska where our State bird is the mosquito. Ok, it's not really the mosquito, but we have a lot of mosquitoes. In the summer I carry a head net everywhere and had been using a Coghlan green mesh which worked but the green mesh is sort of distracting and hard to see through. I had heard black mesh was better, so I bought a couple of these Sea to Summit head nets. First, the black mesh is WAY easier to see through. Big improvement. Also, the net is much longer than the Coghlan's, and offers much better neck coverage which is excellent. They also come in a small stuff sack, which is a bonus, because mosquito net catches on everything and is so easy to tear a hole in. It's nice to be able to stuff this into it's own carry sack and put the sack in my pocket when not using it.

Best Deals for Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net (w/wo Insect Shield)

I bought a variety of headnets from Amazon to select the best one for my family's trip to the Amazon jungle. Because it is made of black mesh this unit had the best visibility of all of them. It was also larger than all others; except for the Outdoor Research unit that has the integral metal band. However, having a large head (and thus a large hat) it wasn't quite large enough to use with a hat that has a brim all the way around, so I'll be buying a hat that has a big (to keep the mesh off my face) front brim only.

Honest reviews on Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net (w/wo Insect Shield)

I spend four months each year on an island in the Gulf of Mexico. When it's warm and humid with no wind, the no-see-ums could eat you alive. I purchased this head net with the optional insect shield because of the great reviews. My results were mixed.

Pros:

Great size. Even wearing a decent sized hat, the net is big enough and long enough to fit down into my shirt. 5 stars.

For mosquitoes and flies it's great. 5 stars

The net can be cinched at the neck. 5 stars

Cons:

The Permethrin insect shield did not work. I had stuff crawling around on the net in front of my face, and that was with the first use. 0 stars.

Effectiveness for no-see-ums: helped but did not eliminate them. Many have gotten through and bit me. In fairness, they are really small. Perhaps only glass would work. 2 stars.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Sea to Summit Mosquito Head Net (w/wo Insect Shield)

The net does not drape as long as the one in the photo. I have a hat very similar to the one shown and once you sinch the opening closed it leaves the neck totally exposed. I bought 3 nets so I will attempt to modify one to fit around the crown of the hat rather than over it, hopefully gaining additional length.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment