Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reviews of Columbia Sportswear Men's Bahama II Long Sleeve Shirt

Columbia Men's Bahama II Long Sleeve Shirt
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
The major problem I have with this particular item are the fly box pockets attached to the front of each breast pocket. When seen in the pictures and when pressed sitting in your closet this shirt looks great. But when in use, particularly when you're sweaty or when you open your breast pocket and close the Velcro strip just a little tighter than normal, the flying box pockets will open up like gaping mouths. This is got to be one of the funniest shirts I've ever worn. It looks so stupid walking around with a mouth gaping over each breast pocket that my wife sewed them shut. The other drawback, and this is general to this type of clothing, is that the clothing is generally see through. The light blue is not bad, but the white, you may as well be naked. Other than these two odd complaints the shirt performs outstandingly well! The roll up sleeves are particularly useful as the material is quite soft and cannot hold a rolled cuff on its own. It does have an awkward synthetic feeling when you first put it on. But that feeling goes away very quickly. As for durability, the material is quite thin and does not at all give one the feeling that it could take any sort of heavy abrasion. In a recent bicycling accident I cracked my ribs hitting the concrete and sliding for some distance. While acquiring substantial road rash on exposed skin the material only had a few small nicks in it. I did this in the white shirt and thought the ground in dirt would've basically ruined the shirt for any kind of dressy/casual environment. To my amazement the shirt came completely clean with nothing more than throwing it in the wash. I have the XXXLT sizes and it is a true cut! The pocket fix is simple enough that I would not hesitate to buy this shirt again particularly if I can get a good sale.

Good luck!

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

this is a great shirt ideal for tropical weather, shipped on time, just one detail the color is not as seen on the web, there is a difference between the real color, but i like it.

Best Deals for Columbia Sportswear Men's Bahama II Long Sleeve Shirt

As soon as I unpacked this shirt I was disappointed. The button holes are the worst I have ever seen. Many of the holes have stray threads which catch on the button and unravel when I unbuttoned the shirt. I have not had a chance to wear it yet but this is not an indication of a well made shirt. I also received another shirt (Sportif) also from Amazon and it appears to be much better made and the shirts are very similar in design. I will not be ordering any other products from Columbia.

Update: Today I went to a local retail store and looked at their Columbia shirts. I looked at a lot of shirts and never found one loose thread. It makes me wonder if the shirt I received from this company is a 2nd, or worse yet counterfeit. All the shirts in the store looked to be of fine quality so I bought two more.

Honest reviews on Columbia Sportswear Men's Bahama II Long Sleeve Shirt

I bought these for my husband. He works in a Florida State Park and he is outside all day in the sun. These shirts are lightweight, airy, and the sage color does not show dirt as quickly as the lighter colors. The only negative is that the buttons are not sewn on good enough, and you will probably have to sew one or two back on.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Columbia Sportswear Men's Bahama II Long Sleeve Shirt

This is a nice shirt. It is very thin, so I wonder how well it will hold up. After careful examination, I've not found any defects in this shirts construction. I like the features and fit.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment