Saturday, October 25, 2014

Cheap Minus33 Merino Wool Granite Beanie Hat

Minus33 Merino Wool Granite Beanie Hat, Black/Grey, One Size
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
About 6 weeks ago I bought some medium weight baselayers (top and bottom) from Minus 33. They were excellent quality, great feel, and provided tremendous warmth. Unlike synthetics, wool keeps on insulating when wet, and I have found these items to be the best for 2-3 hour winter runs.

Thus, when I saw they had a hat I thought it would be perfect.

Unfortunately it wasn't. First gripe is that it was only one size fits all. I hate this with hats. My head is big or something (maybe it is my hair), but anyways OSFA never seem to work. Sure enough this was a little short, but with the great success i had with their other products I was really to give it a go.

2nd, It isn't as warm as their other products. Now I am not a guy that has to be hot. I wear the base layer top with NOTHING else down to about 10-15 degrees. So I can take the cold fine. But I hate when the top of my ears get icy. And this hat allows that. I know of other hats like this that have a bit more over the ears, to keep them warmer but no luck here.

Next, minus 33 are supposed to be able to be machined wash. I put this in the frontloader on 'handwash' cold cycle and it shrunk. Alot. My other products didn't.

Overall I probably will have to convince my wife to wear it. It is a nice hat for the non-athletic, small headed person that is not in the cold for a couple hours. But not for me.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

bought it as a gift for dear husband, he loves active sports and goes out in the cold including hiking and anything else that's fun. he loves it! and he is a picky guy! very much recomend!

Best Deals for Minus33 Merino Wool Granite Beanie Hat

I've tried quite a few beanie's trying to find the one that is perfect for me. I use a beanie on my morning bike ride to work, for walking/jogging in the cold, and for snowboarding. It seems like during the winter I have a beanie on whenever I'm outside, and I've never been perfectly satisfied -until now.

This beanie is very very comfortable for me. The wool isn't itchy at all (I wear lots of wool clothing though and like the feel of it), and the stretchiness and sizing is just perfect for my head. For reference I also have the Ibex Unisex Zepher Beanie, and it is a bit too small for me (although I kept it and do use it from time to time).

The main issue I have with many beanies though is that they are either not warm enough, or way too hot. I'm an active person, and when I'm out running or on my bike I don't want something that I'll be taking off after I get going. This is the first beanie I've had that manages to be just warm enough for the beginning while allowing me to keep it on even after I get to the peak of my activity levels and my body heats up significantly. If you want something extremely warm/hot then this beanie is not right for you, but I prefer to be slightly cool at first as a tradeoff for not overheating later. In that same vein the 100% wool of this beanie absorbs the sweat from my head very well (much better than other I've tried), but stays warm and smelling good.

I highly recommend the Minus33 wool beanie hat to others who enjoy wool items.

Honest reviews on Minus33 Merino Wool Granite Beanie Hat

I own a pair of long underwear from Minus33 and love them. This hat is not bad, but it does have a few drawbacks:

-As other reviewers have noted, it's not the thickest hat. On a windy day, I can feel the wind in my ears. This might make sense for outdoor activities, but when I'm just walking to work, I'd rather the hat be a bit more wind-resistant.

-The material isn't super soft. It's 100% wool, so I suppose that's to be expected, but don't expect the feeling of a fleece hat.

The hat does keep me reasonably warm, which surprised me, considering it doesn't feel super thick. All in all, a decent hat, but not great.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Minus33 Merino Wool Granite Beanie Hat

This is a great wool hat. Soft on inside and styled on outside. It runs on the small/medium side but fits me fine. The weight and warmth of this wool beanie hat is good for layering.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment