Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
This hat is pretty warm, but the elastic band that holds it onto your head is very narrow, and so after only a few minutes it feels like you have a rubber band stretched around your head. It is really tight and uncomfortable. It is an unfortunate design flaw, since otherwise it would be a great hat.Best Deals for Outdoor Research Transcendent Beanie
I bought this to provide warmth to my hair challenged head on cold winter nights(our bed is under a leaky window). This down hat provided breathable warmth, I was never too hot or too cold. It has enough elastic ton stay snug to my small head without falling off despite my tossing and turning, yet it was not too tight. The Outdoor Research Beanie is JUST RIGHT.Honest reviews on Outdoor Research Transcendent Beanie
This weird looking down cap will make you look like an earthworm, with the horizontal seams like the earthworm's segments , and as it does not fit well against the squash. It sticks up on the tip at the crown of my head, even though my head is quite large like a giant cantaloupe.If I wore this in my mummy sleeping bag, I'd look just like a fishworm peeking it's homely head out of the ground to see if the coast is clear of hungry robins.
The headband is chincy, and appears that over time it'll stretch and the thing will fit even less snuggly. The width of the band that holds it on your noggin is less than a single shoestring, and made of elastic--they need to put something on there more the width of the elastic on my Fruit of the Loom jockeys.
I bought this thinking I'd save money over the famous Blackrock gear down cap, which costs twice the price. It may well be worth it (google it), but this OR cap is abysmal. It might keep my head warm, but I only wore it in the house, and when my wife and kids were in hysterics --literally, rolling on the couch and pointing at me -it had to go back to Amazon.
I'll stick with my ear-flap Swedish hat with giant pom-pom and two side ties that hang down like Pippie Longstockings. At least I don't get as many jeers.
No comments:
Post a Comment