Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I am one with perpetually cold fingers and toes, poor circulation and Raynaud's combined, living in a state that peaks in the 20s and drops much farther below between about October to March. I have never found gloves or mittens that kept my fingers warm since I started looking about 10 years ago, and I've tried virtually everything as I've worked my way up the price range. I end my search right here. I am not a snow sports person; my fingers freeze on multiple daily walks with the dog, so mittens that work for snow sports people with lots of blood flowing just don't cut it for me. These mittens are AMAZING. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside I tried it for kicks when it was 9 below they actually keep your fingers warm, even if you stay outside for a long period of time. In serious cold, your thumb can get a little less warm, but it never gets cold, and a trip inside the mitten to snuggle with your other fingers does wonders. Many reviewers mentioned their boxing glove-like feel and appearance, so I was expecting much bigger mittens; these have some bulk, but if it's a choice between numb fingers and a little extra padding, I'll take the warmth! They're not cumbersome, but they're also not streamlined and sleek; they're meant to keep you warm. And for someone who was just looking to keep my fingers warm on dog walks, the two times this winter I DID do winter sports sledding and skiing it gave me a ridiculous high to actually have to take the mittens off because my hands were sweating! Oh, the wonder of it all! If you've been searching forever like me for warm fingers in the cold, these are so many times worth the money!!!!!Update: A year or so later, I had to quit wearing these mittens because they no longer kept my fingers warm. Perhaps it's just use, crushing the padding that supports the warmth, but I was very sad that after spending that much money, I had to put them away during the coldest times. For the same amount of bulk, I strongly recommend Auclair Heated Mittens, which actually run on battery power; I've been using them for years now and still pull them out every winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment