List Price: $140.00
Sale Price: $105.00
Today's Bonus: 25% Off
Because there were no reviews, I decided to order a small and a medium and just keep the one that fit best. I needed this for a 65-mile bike ride in two days, and there was rain in the forecast. The package arrived quickly, and I tried on the small first. It fit great, if I were going to wear the rain jacket as my jersey. The fit did not leave room for a regular cycling jersey underneath. Then I tried the medium, and it gave me a little more room. The fit is still fitted, and is very flattering, but the medium gives me just that little extra room I need. The jacket is well made, and I am pleased with the craftsmanship. Most regular shirts in my closet are small size. I am 5'6" and weigh 118 pounds. But one thing I don't like is a small that fits like I'm wrapped in saran wrap. Claustrophobic! I am looking forward to wearing this jacket Saturday, and will update the review.
UPDATE: I wore this jacket in my l-o-n-g ride, and though there was very little rain to speak of, the only place I felt the little stinging needles of precipitation was my bare legs. I thought I might feel too warm in the jacket, just because most of the other cyclists were NOT going to wear jackets. But the wind was so strong--at least 40 mph--that I chose to wear it; I hate being cold! I wore it, and had no problems with becoming over-heated! The wind blowing on my sleeves sounded like a flag, but I did not feel like it slowed me down, although I'm not one of those speedy elites, anyway. My husband took pictures, and I did look like I was wearing a down jacket because of the poofiness. I didn't feel any wind, but it must have gotten in somewhere, and took excess heat out through the back vents! That's why, even though I could feel my jersey soaking wet, I was not cold at all, or hot. I felt perfectly comfortable. My husband said he could see the bright neon color from far off, which is a good thing. The elastic at the cuff is snug but not uncomfortable. All in all, I still love this jacket, and I am still keeping the medium, because I do not need a waterproof/windproof jersey.
No comments:
Post a Comment