Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I like everything about these shorts. The fit is true to size, so they fit snugly, but not too tight. They feel well-made, and the padding/chamois is comfortable. I just wore them (alternately with other shorts) on a 500+ mile long bike tour in Colorado, and they stayed comfortable.Best Deals for Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Short
I've used the Pearl Izumi Quest and Attack shorts lately, and medium fits me fine in both. But I'm looking for a bit more comfort so I thought I'd try moving up to these shorts. The sizing chart currently assigned to this item by Amazon is a generic sizing chart, not Pearl Izumi specific. So I checked the sizing charts at another retailer's website, and they indicated the sizing for the Symphony is the same as for the Attack shorts. So I ordered a medium from Amazon, but the shorts turned out to be a bit too snug to wear. Just a caution for others! I'll probably go ahead and order a pair in large, so for now I'll give three stars and update my review once I get those.Honest reviews on Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Short
I am training for a two day 193 mile bike ride and bought these shorts for the warmer weather. I like PI shorts, but the padding in these are not good for long rides. The padding is a little thinner and narrower than PI Attack shorts and during a long ride starts to REALLY irritate the crotch area. I will be saving these for rides less than 20 miles. For longer rides look at the Attack short.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Pearl Izumi Women's Symphony Short
STATs: 5'4'' 147 lbs. (lots of muscle and medium pudge combo) Ride 40-60 miles in 2-3 hrs depending on climbs..My first bike shorts were pearl izumimedium, unisex ! (no women's back then) I still wear them to this day. That was when chamois was cotton material..
So I have been searching for chamois and shorts for my larger behind and wider sit bones. This edge of the thicker portion of the chamois was right where my sit bones werecausing more discomfort and that plus the type of material led to slipping on my seat.
So I would recommend them if you are the right body shape, but if you are a little more pear shape and wider sit bones, try the Louis Garneau in large.. I tried the triatholon type due to the larger chamoisworks well but padding is a little slim (to be expected). Also, I preferred the material and gripping of the Garneau over pearl izumi.
Hope this helps my fellow non-skinny but athletic ladies.
No comments:
Post a Comment