Thursday, April 24, 2014

Discount Unisex Tactical 5.11 Atac A2 Water Resistant Flashlight

5.11 ATAC A2 Tactical Flashlight
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $64.99
Sale Price: $39.38
Today's Bonus: 39% Off
Buy Now

I purchased the ATAC A2 mainly becuase of it's AA batteries and battery life. Playing with it for over a week now, I am very happy with it. It is easy to use, feels solid and comes from a company with a great reputation.

It has 3 modes, high, 162 lumes..1.45hours; low=15L.. 75 hours; and Strobe=162L.. 3 hours. The low light is the main reason I bought it. 15 lumens are actully quite bright and will be what I use it mostly for.

Update: After a few months, I still really like the light. Can't get over how great it fits in my hand. Only complaint, and it is small... The low setting could be a little brighter. I really like the limited settings on this as you unlike others, you dont' have to cycle through 5 or 6 modes to get what you want. Battery life has been amazing. I have enloops but am still on my original pair of duracels. As stated above, 90% of my use is the low setting.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

After serving 3 years in Iraq I have had a lot of experience with tactical flashlights. Most of the ones issued to me were too big, too heavy or they ate batteries like burgers. This light is small, lightweight and very bright. I'm home now and I use this tool every evening when walking the dogs, or checking the garden for deer at night. It produces a strong, clean light that runs for a good 100 meters. The light arrived on time and as advertised. 5.11 is a great company with an array of clothing and tools that I find to be practical and well made.

Best Deals for Unisex Tactical 5.11 Atac A2 Water Resistant Flashlight

Another perfect 5.11 product. I cannot believe how bright this flashlight is! The three different modes can be a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it is easy. Get one...it is worth every penny.

Honest reviews on Unisex Tactical 5.11 Atac A2 Water Resistant Flashlight

I purchased this flashlight approx. 1 year ago. While it still works there are a few shortcuts and glitches that bring down my rating.

1. I have experienced glitches with its on/off function, with the light sometimes not coming on at all. If the batteries are low, it is erratic in its on/off function (sometimes working and sometimes not), however I have also experienced this with brand new batteries. I have yet to pin down the cause.

2. In the switch endcap there is a small plastic threaded retainer which holds the switch in place. Over time this plastic retainer worked its way loose. While this was no huge deal and I was able to retighten it with some creative tool work, in the process the rubber cover over the switch itself tore. I suspect this was due to the twisting of the retainer ring on the rubber (but this is just a guess). Nonetheless, both the retainer ring AND the switch are plastic. For such a well built flashlight (and pricey depending on your budget), I had hoped for a bit more quality in the switch since that is the most wear prone component of the light itself.

I have since used the flashlight without its rubber cap and it has worked fine most of the time. It has become my home flashlight since I am now also concerned about the exposed plastic switch breaking during my work hours (electrician)

Other than these two issues, I think it is a fine flashlight. Im not sure I would call it rugged though.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Unisex Tactical 5.11 Atac A2 Water Resistant Flashlight

With the caveat of not yet thoroughly putting it thru its paces, the ATAC A2 has thus far proved reliable and sturdy. Key benefits are lumens flexibility and on/off silent mode. I am interested to see how it handles water resistance and LED bulb longevity.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment