Customer Ratings: 
List Price: $169.99
Sale Price: Price Unavailable
Today's Bonus: 31% Off

I have used this jacket a few times now, and I am happy to say that it is wonderful! Today, it was 25 degrees when I started this morning, and a Thermal jersey along with this jacket kept me nice and toasty. During one of my climbs, I had to zip down this jacket a little in order to cool down slightly. As other reviewers have stated, it does run a little larger than Gore's regular jersey size. I am 5'8 170 lbs, with an athletic build and wider shoulders, and the large is just a little big. It is not enough to bother me at all, nor does it flap in the wind. If you're around my height with a skinny build, go for the medium. I am also very impressed with the materials. Even averaging 20mph on my training rides with a max of around 40-45mph, I cannot feel any wind whatsoever get through. I'm guessing that with good gloves, you would be able to get this jacket along with a thermal into the singe-digits if needed.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
This is a great jacket. High quality material and construction. Very warm (I've worn it down to the mid-20s with a good base layer) but not too hot into the mid-50s the fabric is stretchy and some panels breathe. The sizing is bizarre though. I'm 5'11' with a 42'' chest. Should be an XL according to Gore's size charts. The XL would probably fit someone about 6-4 250. The sleeves literally hung past my finger tips. A medium provides a snug fit (no flapping in the wind)but has room for a base layers. Even on the medium the sleeves are a bit long.
Best Deals for Gore Men's Power SO Jacket
I haven't actually ridden in this yet, and likely won't for another month, at least. I fully expect this to perform admirably, given Gore's reputation. My review is meant to chime in on the sizing and fit. I'm 5'10"; 175, slender in the waist and a bit wide in the shoulders. I ordered a size medium, hoping for a snug fit. This is exactly what I got a nice, snug fit, with enough room underneath for a light base layer. Now, while the fit is snug, it in no way feels constricting, and does not limit my movements. The materials are superb in that they allow me freedom of movement without binding up, even with a snug fit. The arms are just a bit long, but this is great, so that my gloves will be covered up with no wrist exposure to the cold. The back is slightly long as well, to provide the same protection over the small of my back, against wind and any splashing water. Looking forward to testing it out.
Honest reviews on Gore Men's Power SO Jacket
This is a well made, good looking jacket that I really like to wear while riding in colder weather. It's' too warm to wear in temperatures in the mid-40's, but great for riding in colder temps. Looking forward to seeing how it will perform when it gets into the mid-20's. I expect it to be fine, especially since I layer other clothes underneath.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Gore Men's Power SO Jacket
I like it very much. Good size for me, I can use base layer, jersey and Jacket and feel good and comfortable during the rides. It's warm good for me in cold weather and looks very cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment