The benefit of buying the 7 or 12-inch socks instead of the traditional 1-2 inch cuffs is that these socks help improve circulation in the calves and shin, reducing shin splints, and greatly reducing recovery time. I can feel the difference after the weekend long runs.
I have worn these on 40 mile bike rides and they stay relatively dry compared to regular socks. The socks have just a touch of cushion to them which makes them comfortable to wear. As for running, in my experience these are good for running shorter distances. Any distance over say 10k, the slight thickness of these socks starts to bother the toes as it bunches them up. I am still looking for compression socks that are just slightly thinner than these that are better suited for longer distance running. Have a note in to Swiftwick customer service, expect to hear from them soon (btw, kudos to their customer service team they are extremely responsive and helpful with their responses regarding product inquiry). Will post a link to those socks once I find them and log a few long distance runs with them. Need to try one of those merino wool compression socks, heard great things about them.
NOTE the term "SEVEN" in the product title refers to the length Swiftwick makes socks from Zero (ankle socks) to I think Twelve (knee high). I saw reviews for other Swiftwick socks where folks complained that they didn't receive seven pairs. Thought I'd point this out you're buying one pair.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
XL is listed for up to US size 15 (after you eventually find the real size chart)Reality is closer to a US 14.5
So if really a 15, these will do, but be better if just a snudge bigger.
No comments:
Post a Comment