Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review of Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants

Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: $75.00
Sale Price: $48.84
Today's Bonus: 35% Off
Buy Now

Love these pants, if only they were a bit longer. Breathable for hiking. Nice and light, great pockets. Just a couple inches too short.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

After having to return the size 2 Outdoor Research Ferossi pants because they were too short, I continued my search for pants that are easy care travel pants. Having come up empty-handed, I decided to reorder the same pants in a size 4 thinking they would be too large ~ but I figured it was worth a shot. Lo and behold, they fit perfectly and the little extra length was just enough to make them work. I couldn't be more delighted with these pants and the company that produces them. The fabric is beautiful and has enough stretch to make them just about the most comfortable pants I've ever owned. Amazing quality, with attention to detail the likes of which is hard to find in even the most expensive brand names on the market. Great product for an affordable price! I'm ordering a second pair in another color!!

Best Deals for Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants

These pants are awesome. I think they are probably my favorite pants ever purchased. The material is amazing. I took them canoeing, and while not completely waterproof, the pants just shed water, it just rolls right off them. I had my cuffs rolled up in the canoe and they actually held water like a cup the water didn't absorb in to the material, and what little water did absorb dried rapidly. Also, the pants are lightweight and very comfortable. For me, at 5'5, the length is about an inch too long, but I just cinch the ankles in a bit and it's fine. They pants rolled up easily to my lower thighs and stayed rolled up when I had to get in and out of the water. I wore them for a couple days of hiking and boating and they stayed pretty clean because they don't attract and hang onto dirt. They were comfortable in hot weather, but if it's too hot, rolling them into shorts works quite well. I actually prefer these to "convertible" pants because they can roll into shorts easily, while they don't have the weird look of convertible pants with a zipper around your thigh. Also, they are pretty flattering to wear slim fitting but very stretchy, so somewhat form-fitting but in an extremely comfortable way. I found them to be slightly on the large side, perhaps about 1/2 size too big. My normal size was okay, but I'm going to order another pair in a different color one size smaller. There is one zipper pocket on one leg. I guess if I had one complaint it would be that it would be nice to have an additional zipper pocket. I took them for a second camping weekend after I bought them, and really could have used another pocket. The unzippered pockets held paper trash and (for brief periods) my iPhone. The zipper pocket was big enough for my swiss army knife and some cash, but not much else. And finally, I would say the little tie is kind of redundant. The waist fit me perfectly, so I don't know if I would have otherwise needed the belt tie or if it's actually non-functional to tighten the pants. I will likely cut it off if that can be done. So, as I've said, I've already purchased a second pair of these pants, and now I want them in everything -shorts, capris, etc, and would like to see some new colors (like a navy, denim or silver blue!) Outdoor Research makes a GREAT product!

Honest reviews on Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants

After looking extensively for some good travel pants that pack well and are easy care, I thought I had found the perfect pair. Unfortunately the fit doesn't correspond to the photos shown at Amazon. The length, for my size 2 and 5'6" frame was far too short and the bottom looked more like a bell-bottom. Unfortunate, because the fabric looks great and the color (mushroom) is beautiful... even the pant's construction is excellent. I can't go to a larger size because they would be too large otherwise, so I guess my search continues.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Outdoor Research Women's Ferrosi Pants

These pants are an inch too short. Otherwise, they are true to size (I got size 2), have nice style, and are comfortable. The fabric is sturdy but lightweight with good stretch, and they don't gape at the waist, as many pants do on me. The size 2 inseam is 30", but I'm 5'4" and need at least 31", which I have no problem finding in other pants. Besides planning to wear them for everyday use and travel, I'd hoped to wear them with the legs cinched for summer hiking, to keep bugs away from my ankles. But that only works with crew socks, as the cinch pulls them up even more -worn with the quarter socks I prefer in warm weather, my skin is exposed when I bend my legs. It's too bad OR skimped on the length, because they are otherwise very nice.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment