List Price: $149.99
Sale Price: $99.99
Today's Bonus: 33% Off
When the scooter arrived i put it together and rode it around. it was very smooth but the headset wasn't the fastest.I would recommend to put a lubricant on it to make it smoother. The wheels are not that good. Mine were already cracking about the 3rd day at the skate park.I also started to hear a really annoying squeaky noise and it was not from the bearings because i put brand new bearings in that day so you should probably get some nice metal cores. The forks are holding up nicely though. I would also recommend new grips because the mgp squid grips are really slippery when your hands get sweaty. The bars are okay despite the two pieces. You just have to tighten the clamp and the triple clamp is okay but comes loose so you have to keep that really tight.I would recommend to get a new clamp though. The scooter is pretty dialed but the only thing that really rattles is the brake.overall if you are a beginner going into scootering i would recommend this.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
From the top:Grips: The grips are MGP Squid Grips. They work but they will get slippery if your hands get sweaty. 3.5/5.
Bars: The MGP 2 Piece Bars are not the best on the market, but if tightened fully, they will not slide around. Overall 3/5.
Clamp: The MGP Clamp is horrible; Worst clamp ever. It gets the job done if you never use it. 2/5.
Deck: The MGP Stock Deck is definitely the best thing on this scooter. They are, without a doubt, worth keeping. 4/5.
Fork: Once again, not the best, but worth keeping until you can afford Phoenix Forks. 3.5/5.
Wheels: The MGP 12 Spoke Plastic Core 100mm Wheels need to be the first thing you change. They work, but, after 3 weeks of riding my wheels were ruined. Metal cores are highly recommended. 2/5.
Brake: The MGP Fakie Brake is the 2nt best part on this scooter. Same as the deck, definitely worth keeping. 4/5
Best Deals for Madd Gear Pro Base Model Scooter, Black
This scooter looks very nice. My son loves it. He says it rides well. His friends even commented on how good it looked. This is a great scooter, especially for the price. I highly recommend this.Honest reviews on Madd Gear Pro Base Model Scooter, Black
The MPG is pretty light weight. It comes with some awesome bearings so the ride is smooth. The tires have tough plastic rims. They survived me a whole year. The grip tape is great for a good grip. I have got the grip tape wet and still holds a good grip. Just the tires them self wear out fast. Great to take to the skate park. I take it there all the time. Awesome to do the coolest tricks ever. Good for beginner scooter riders. Cheap for a pro scooter.The forks are strong they have not snap on me. The deck has not even cracked. But the two things i hate about this scooter is that the tires wear out too fast. And that the handlebars do not adjust. But overall this is a great scooter to own. Go and buy you a MGP Pro Scooter and enjoy!
About a year ago I bought a the Mgp Pro Scooter. When you first get the scooter all you have to do is assemble the handlebars. Then tighten a few bolts then you're ready to go! You can choose out of a couple of colors:Red, Orange, and Black. The scooter does not have adjustable handlebars. It is more meant for teens.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Madd Gear Pro Base Model Scooter, Black
If you've spent any time on the Scooter Resource you know Madd Gear is ripped on by everyone. I consider myself an intermediate rider and I've found this scooter to be a good product. Sure, the bars aren't great, and some people break forks, but that's more or less expected. You're spending $100. And they're pretty strong. The wheels are not, however; I broke the stock wheel in the back in about two weeks. The grips also suck, when you get any amount of sweat on your hands they're darn near impossible to hold on to. But I'm glad I bought it. Expect to upgrade wheels and grips, and spend $2 on a sheet of griptape while you're at it to get rid of the lame MGP slime logo on the stock grip.Overall, it's a solid scooter for about $100.
No comments:
Post a Comment