List Price: $110.00
Sale Price: $64.99
Today's Bonus: 41% Off
I live in the Northeast and like to be outside in the winter and do winter sports. Keeping my hands warm is critical, and over the years I have tried many different gloves. These are one of my favorites. You will not find a warmer pair of gloves than this product.
These gloves look even better in person than in the picture . Scott generally makes high quality winter sport products, and these gloves are no exception. They are beautifully styled, and the craftmanship is excellent. Unlike less expensive gloves, the palm and inside fingers are lined with leather. There is a pocket on the back to hold a heat pack, though it can also be used to hold a credit card, money, keys etc. There is a weatherproof zipper rather than an ordinary zipper to make a waterproof and windproof seal.
What makes these gloves stand out for me, however, is their length. These are extra long gloves, and go up several inches over my ski jacket sleeves. They each have a large black loop to assist in pulling them on, though I found it unnecessary to use it. There is also a drawstring that lets you close the end of the glove tightly against your jacket. This means that if, for example, I fall down in deep snow while snowshoeing, I don't have to worry about snow getting inside my gloves, which is always a possible problem when doing winter sports, or even just using a snowblower. The tight fit also keeps out heavy wind. It is very easy to release the drawstring to remove the gloves.
These gloves run large. I originally ordered a medium, but then returned it for a small, which fits me like my other gloves that are mediums. And I still have room for a pair of glove liners (I really like the Seirus thermax, which I have reviewed on Amazon). Therefore, if you are debating between two different sizes, try the smaller size first.
The only thing missing is a clip to keep the gloves together, though for me that is not a big deal. These gloves are really too heavy to clip to a ski jacket anyhow. They do fit in my ski jacket pockets, though they are a bit bulky. Again, not a concern to me, since usually when I take them off to put in my jacket, I will also be taking off the jacket.
Bottom Line: For winter sports, these gloves are excellent. They will also work well for everyday use. If you want to spend substantially less money, then take a look at the Head Waterproof Winter gloves (which I also own), which will work almost as well (not quite as warm, but you can use glove liners), but are standard length (though they do have drawstrings to tighten the gloves against the jacket).
No comments:
Post a Comment