Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cheap Minus33 Merino Wool Kearsarge Lightweight Polo

Minus33 Merino Wool Kearsarge Lightweight Polo, Black, XX-Large
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
Buy Now
I know, you see wool and you think "warm, great for cold weather, but not for summer" right? Well, yes, you're partly right. See, thick wool is very warm, but this stuff is very thin. This wool is actually cooler in summer than cotton or even synthetics as it breaths and wicks better than either. I have one of these Lightweight shirts, and it's great in the summer, esp if you might just get wet. It's also great for layering, I find a lightweight wool shirt under a loose cotton shirt makes for a good combo in many conditions.

Now yes, there are a few caveatsmerino wool is soft and not itchy. But that comes with a cost in durability. Simply put, this sort of very thin merino wool will not last as many washes as other materials will. OTOH, it doesn't get the "funk" that synthetics often do.

To make your wool last longer, hand wash in cool water with Eucalan or a similar product, line dry. Good newsthey are machine washable in a pinch.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

Edit! This thing started getting holes in it after four months. I wore it probably 7 times, washed it 3 times, as directed.

Original Review follows...

While this shirt will be great in hot weather and looks reasonably good, the fit just isn't there for me. I'm 6ft 210, athletic, and I like shirts to fit to an athletic shape. I don't mean be skin tight and be miami south beach jersey shore tight... I mean FIT.

This shirt has floppy sleeves. I had them hemmed up. It's an ok shirt.... My wish would be this shirt cut better and in navy or gray.

Quality is good, wool isnt as soft as smartwool NTS, but its not itchy. I'll keep the shirt.

Best Deals for Minus33 Merino Wool Kearsarge Lightweight Polo

I like the shirt and I gave the regular t-shirt a slightly lower rating because of a sizing issue but this one was just right for me except for one thing. This shirt has two labels made of leather and it really irritates my neck and like I mentioned in that other review I looked at possibly removing the tags except the stitching looks so small and tight that I would probably damage the shirt. I'm thinking maybe the tag will get softer with use but it really is a pretty thick piece of leather to be using for a tag. If it doesn't improve I will probably revise my review and remove another star.

Honest reviews on Minus33 Merino Wool Kearsarge Lightweight Polo

Great shirt. Very lightweight non-itchy 100% merino wool. Essentially wrinkle free. Cool when it's hot, and warm when it's cool.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment