List Price: $79.00
Sale Price: $69.99
Today's Bonus: 11% Off
These are like the everything you'd want in your shorts shorts for biking. My girlfriend couldn't tell I was wearing a "diaper" inside! I love the many pockets all of which I use.
My waist size is 31/32 so the small actually fits much better although it could feel a little snug in the beginning. On the other hand, the medium was definitely a little baggy to the point where you can feel it every few minutes because of the way the extra fabric keeps moving away from you.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I needed to replace my good ole Pearl Izumi mountain bike shorts that have lasted so long and I tried PI Canyon shorts and also the ATD Cargo shorts. The PI Canyon shorts had no pockets, & although they were very well made the lack of pockets makes them almost useless for mountain biking (JMO). The ATD Cargo shorts fit great as sized (XL). If you like baggy more than tight (as I do) they're terrific, except that I found the spacious pockets can flop around a bit with stuff in them kind of minor. I bought 2 pairs one black, one charcoal. Rode a 14 mile circuit in the charcoal and the chamois chafed in the crotch area, which surprised me, since others have commented on their seated comfort. Sent the unused ATD and Pearl Izumi Canyon shorts back. Ordered the Zoic Ether in XL and the fit was too snug for me. But the XXL (as other reviewers have pointed out, they're cut small so go up one size) were right on. Wow great, cozy, flexible fit, just loose enough, super comfortable chamois and love the length to just to the knees. And the pockets are easily accessible while riding or off the bike, carry a lot. I keep a leatherman on the side velcro straps, very handy. Rode a 16 mile trail ride and got caught in a driving rain storm and these shorts held up perfectly and the RPL/layers (along with my knee pad sleeves) kept my legs warm from the wet cold. Of the 3 brands I'd say if you're a bigger guy (I'm 6-1, 225, 39 waist) the Zoic Ethers are a sure thing. Just go one size up and you're good.Best Deals for Zoic Men's Ether Mountain Bike Shorts with RPL Liner
Follow up review:I was initially impressed with these shorts, but after a year, I am disappointed in the quality. The hook-and-loop adjuster on the waistband of both pair of shorts has lost most of its grip, so the shorts will slide down as the fastener loosens. The material of the shorts seems to hold up well and these shorts can be used with any liner. If you buy new shorts every year, these will work for you. If you tend to get the most out of your purchase, consider a different type of short. I've dropped this from 5-stars to 3-stars.
--------------------------
Initial review:
A nice set of biking shorts that are well-designed and look great. The adjustable waist band eliminates the need for a belt and eliminates that pinch that a belt gives. Plenty of pockets to store those items you prefer to carry on your person. As with all cycling shorts these days, the chamois is not a true chamois, but a padded liner that has the feel of chamois.
Pros:
-Zippered leg pockets keep items secure
-Velcro tabs adjust waistband to proper fit
Honest reviews on Zoic Men's Ether Mountain Bike Shorts with RPL Liner
I have four pairs of these shorts. I bought two pair last year, and two more pair in the last month. So obviously I like the shorts. They are comfortable, the pockets work great, and they look pretty good too.Initially, I didn't like the padded internal shorts. I tossed the ones that came with the first two pairs. I wish I could buy the outer short without the inner short, and save a few bucks. I'm giving the internals shorts from the latest pairs a 2nd chance, but it's pretty clear I could not wear these for a long ride (too many things are rubbing on the inside of the shorts).
Finally, I wish the single stitching was higher quality. If a single stitch misses, a hole developes immediately. One pair developed a hole in one of the leg pockets after the 2nd washing. The two pairs I've had for a year both are in need of some stitching for future usage.
I'd give these 5 stars if the stitching was better, and I could buy them without the inner/padded shorts.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Zoic Men's Ether Mountain Bike Shorts with RPL Liner
Been on a few rides now with the Zoic Ether shorts. I really like the RPL liner, seems to have just the right amount of padding for me. It's not super thick like some which can feel like diapers.I love the feel of the outer detachable shell. In fact I enjoy them so much after some rides I take off the liner, put on the boxers and slide the shell back on. It has plenty of pockets to stash a few small items here and there. They are light compared to my old Zoics which had a non-removable liner and where heavier and made of cotton. The Ethers are made with nylon. They can be a little warm when it's hot but are great for those cool spring days.
I know they are made for mountain biking but they look great and perform well road biking.
Haven't notice any unwanted rubbing, just nice and comfortable. I'm a size 31" to 32" waist and the medium fits fine. The shells do have some adjust-ability with Velcro on both sides of the waist.
No comments:
Post a Comment